Zoink has become well known for creative and beautifully crafted experiences, ranging from the mystical forests of Fe to the cartoony paper worlds of Flipping Death and Stick it to The Man. With PSVR Exclusive Ghost Giant recently released, there’s a lot going on in our 20 people strong studio in Gothenburg, Sweden.
Now, we’re looking for a Sound Designer with a knack for ambience and effects to work on yet another exciting project!
- Work closely with the rest of the team on a daily basis and contribute as well as take directions from other team members to enhance the experience both when it comes to design and audio
- Evaluate needs related to audio to give the best possible result and workflow
- Edit, mix and master music
- Edit and supervise VO-recordings
- Field record, manage and create new libraries
- Edit and process both pre-existing libraries and newly recorded material to create new assets
- Implement, test and quality check the in-game audio and assets
- At least 3 years of experience working with the game industry or closely related to the field
- Professional experience related to the field to be able to work with limited supervision and make educated judgements
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to handle and work with different tasks/projects simultaneously
- Experience of field and/or studio recording
- Expert knowledge about at least one modern DAW (Pro tools, Logic, Cubase, Ableton, Reaper etc.) and a fair understanding about other common editing programs
- Proficiency working with restoration/editing software and plugins such as Izotope(RX), Fabfilter, Waves etc.
We also want you to:
- Be able to communicate effectively with art, design and code teams
- Have a proactive and creative work ethic
- Be a fluent English speaker and writer (Swedish is not a requirement)
- Be able to relocate to Gothenburg – for this position remote work is not a possibility
- Have a desire to grow your skills and experience together with us
- Have a passion for games!
Bonus points if:
- Knowledge of Unity
- Technical skills
- Musical skills
- Scientific skills
- Field recording skills
- Studio recording skills
- VO-recording skills